Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Design

I took the main research picture I found and printed it off in black and white. From there I traced the main features of the face onto a clear sheet protector and recopied that onto a piece of paper.
I did about 4 to 5 different versions of this because I had some that just showed the facial structure of the face then some that included the highlight and shadows that I wanted to include. I knew that some of the shading I chose to do was only in the picture because of the source of light when the picture was taken, more so than the shape of the mask. Some of these I wanted to use because they gave the appearance of depth and distorted the face to resemble the mask.
I then pulled the colors out of the original research and created a color palette collage. From there I used one of my drawings of the face and colored the face to match the original with some differences made because I knew it would end up being a makeup.
This is a zoomed in version of my primary research, my color palette, and my design color elevation.

No comments:

Post a Comment