Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Application

My Headshot with the design over it.

I traced out the main features on my face to see
what my next steps were.
I laid my transparency with my design on it over a picture of my headshot to see what alterations I would have to make and what problems I would have to solve. First thing I chose was to make the reflection from the headdress a part of the makeup. This was to imitate the picture and to give the illusion that my face would be wider and smaller. The next thing I chose to do was to make the ears, which are significantly larger than mine, additional appliances. I carved these our of green plant foam to match those in my color drawing. Then I painted them white to set the foam and lastly I painted them to match the design. I knew that I wanted to make the ears part of an appliance because I wanted the holes in the lobes like on the mask. It turned out better because with two entirely fake ears I could simply attach them to the headdress and solve that problem before I started the makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment